Thursday, March 02, 2006

The blue in the yellow, darkly...

One of DonKay's many textual Taj Mahals is by the Monny prince Aran of 13th century what-would-be Thailand. Its called 10,011 Possible Explanations for why my Bride Fell Dead in that Evening. This proto-blogger kept it up for years, the late reasons understandibly becoming Goya-esque cave-in's of self. Here's reason 642, its pretty normal as his reasons go. This one could almost serve as a public service announcement.

The morning prior to that evening when my bride fell dead, she had been slicing pineapple on a slab of wood. The pineapple had sat in the corner of our home for two days, and when she lifted it I noticed a scrunching of her lips. I said "?" and she responded by showing me that it had grown blue and furry on the bottom. She took the knife and began scraping the side of the pineapple, shedding its bark. I was sitting across from her, watching her work. She lay the pineapple on its yellow side and began to slice small sections off. The first slice took the blue bottom off and I noticed that it seemed to have penetrated and darkened the inside flesh. Then, as she continued to slice I saw, but I didn't say, that the new slices were falling against the old one. I imagined the blue rot travelling through the yellow flesh and into other yellow flesh. I saw, but I said nothing, and now the pineapple is long eaten, I somehow survive and my bride is dead. This also could be the reason.